This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Hot Key PTT to specific chat rooms

djsashaz

I was wondering, is there a plugin anywhere that would allow me to assign hotkeys to specific chat rooms, and PTT to a specific room instead of having to login/logout? So ideally I want to be logged into multiple rooms and be able to listen to all of them, but talk specifically into each room with separate hotkeys....

I am guessing in advance that this would need to be modified in the code to support it?

S

• Moderators

You can use shout to PTT to other channels.

You can't hear other channels without without linking channels, which is what most of the "squad" type ACL setups do, such as the one on the ACL page of the Wiki, so if you're admin of a server you might start there.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

Is that in the Mac client? because I can only see one PTT button option.... What I am looking to achieve is to have hot buttons to shout to each room, for example SHIFT+1 would be for room 1 and SHIFT+2 would be for room 2. etc.....

Next question.... is there a way to trigger some short cut to send a command when there is chat in a specific room? Say for example trigger my raspberry pi to flash a LED for one room, and flash another colour for another room....

• Moderators
Next question.... is there a way to trigger some short cut to send a command when there is chat in a specific room? Say for example trigger my raspberry pi to flash a LED for one room, and flash another colour for another room....

Not out of the box. You might have a look at the G15 stuff and see if you can adapt it to do what you want.

Note that if I recall correctly, you can't see if there's chatter in a channel unless you're receiving it (ie they're linked to your current channel). I believe the "lips turning red" and so on are all tied to the code for receiving audio data - we don't sync that information separately.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.