This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble, Windows 10, my headset.

debileking

TL:DR

I'm using a skullcandy gaming headset. Prior to windows 10 everything was fine. Now I tested it and the only way to make it work (ppl can hear me and I can hear them) is having my skullcandy mic selected in the settings but having my PC's speakers selected for output. By making it work I mean ppl can hear me and I can hear them THROUGH the speakers.

PLZ NOTE: My headset works perfectly with Ventrilo.

Email I've been exchanging with someone working for server hostings that tried to help me and made me do troubleshooting stuff. Starts at the bottom.

Customer service:

Ok, sadly that issue appears to be either one with Mumble, Windows or the Headset. I would recommend first contacting Mumble at: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page as we are not the creators of Mumble, just a server hosting company.

Thanks

Customer Care

Teamspeak3.com - Light-Speed.com - Mumble.com - InstantVentrilo.com

On 8/15/2015 11:17 PM, Michael wrote:

HI,

I’ve done all the steps with all the devices possible and the default option too.

The third window, “DEVICE TUNING”, is where you get the message “this is an example of speech, etc.” Is only playing if I have my speakers selected in the menu.

If I have the skullcandy headset selected it does not play (or I just don’t hear) the message.

Just to restate my problem : The only way everything works is having my skullcandy headset’s mic and my (not skullcandy) Speakers selected. Which allows me to speak to others and be heard but hearing them through my speakers.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: August 15, 2015 11:02 PM

To: Michael

Subject: Re: mumble and windows 10 (2)

Hello,

Within Mumble click "Configure" -> "Audio Wizard". Please follow the steps there in order to configure your audio device(s) within Mumble. Make sure you try each and every device to see what works to use.

Thanks

Customer Care

On 8/15/2015 10:51 PM, Michael wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunatly reinstalling it did not fix the problem. It is working on Ventrilo but not on mumble.!

thanks

Sent: August 15, 2015 10:45 PM

Hello,

Please try uninstalling the skullcandy software for the headset, then reinstalling it. As it may not have transferred well to Windows 10

Thanks

Customer Care

On 8/15/2015 10:43 PM, Michael wrote:

Yes I’ve tried disabling my speakers through sound devices and it still wouldn’t work. I’ve try plugging my skullcandy headset to another usb port and still nothing.(my skullcandy is wireless and uses a station connected via usb)

thanks

Sent: August 15, 2015 8:29 PM

Hello there,

Looking over this and your past email, are you able to go into your windows sound devices and then disable all other devices except your skullcandy headphones? Also please try another sound port if available, such as the front/back of the PC.

Thanks

Customer

On 8/15/2015 8:26 PM, Michael wrote:

Hi

Concerning my previous email. I forgot to add.

My headset is working fine on Ventrilo which is a program just like mumble.

thanks