This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mute other users on Whisper

neojames

I've been wondering if there is a way to mute other users while I whisper? I can set it up so when other people whisper to me it reduces the volume of other speakers, but not when I whisper to them. This can get a bit annoying as I struggle to talk over people!

Thank you!

• Moderators

You can set Mumble to attenuate other users while you talk, but I don't know if it works while whispering (I think it does) and I'm almost certain it doesn't discriminate between whispering and talking.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

You can set Mumble to attenuate other users while you talk, but I don't know if it works while whispering (I think it does) and I'm almost certain it doesn't discriminate between whispering and talking.

Thank you very much! How would I go about setting this up? I'm afraid I don't have a PC with Mumble with me right now but seeing as I've been looking for an option like that I doubt it would help me much even if I did :p

Thank you!

• Moderators

Wait, it seems I was mistaken... that's a priority speaker feature. :(

That may do what you want, but it may also annoy other people on your server and it's not very scalable.

You can also duck applications while you/other people talk, which is where I got confused. Sorry :(

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.