This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

mic not being picked up by mumble at all

i have been trying to get mumble to pick up my mic i have made sure that it is broadcasting to my computer fine, just mumble that it will not pick it up.

audio set up is a blue yeti usb going in to Nvidia broadcast to voicemeeter banana 

works for discord and stream stuff just not mumble

• Administrators

When you go into audio settings (input), what does it list as audio system. Probably WASAPI, I would guess.

Though in the end that probably doesn't make much of a difference (other than if possible, try changing that to see if it has any effect). It might very well be an issue somewhere in Mumble's code but debugging this is close to impossible without having a developer that also has this hardware and the same problem...

• Administrators

WASAPI is the default audio backend on Windows, so it is expected that you are using it. There simply seems to be something special with regards to your headset that Mumble currently can't deal with. What exactly that is though, I can't even start to guess.

Something worth trying might be switching the headset to some other input device (other headset, builtin microphone, etc.) to see if that works. If it does, the issue is likely related to your specific headset. If it doesn't work with the other input devices either, then there seems to be a more fundamental problem at play.