This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server Connection Failed: Unable to write

vladimus

Whenever I log into my normal mumble server it logs me in for a few seconds but instead of displaying the users like normal it just has a picture of what looks like a satellite dish with the word "Root" next to it, then I get the message: Server Disconnect: Server Connection Failed: Unable to write. My friends tell me that is shows me logging on and off every time this happens but I cant stay connected for more than a few seconds nor can I see any users or do anything with it. Mumble has worked perfectly for me for months till this suddenly started happening. Any help you could provide would be very appreciated.

• Administrators
has a picture of what looks like a satellite dish with the word "Root" next to it

That's the Root-Channel with it's default name.

So it's only a problem for you, and not other ppl?

Did you check for write permissions for your mumble to your mumble.sqlite?

Yeah its only a problem for me, it even says theres like 20 people on in the preliminary screen to logging in and my friends keep asking me why im not on.

How exactly do I check for write permissions for mumble to my mumble.sqlite?

*Edit*

After a while if searching i found a "shot in the dark" answer and it worked. Ironically unchecking the Quality of Service box under the network tab gives me quality service and now everything works fine.