This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

who is talking

yotam

hello ,

i am trying to build a plugin that will tell me who is talking at the moment for a university project.

as i don't have too much software background im having a hard time to understand how can i interact with mumble with my own code im writing?

also i saw that mumble uses the function "ClientUser::getTalking()" can i use it? if so how?

i will appreciate any help i can get :)

• Moderators

I'm assuming by "plugin" you mean an Ice script to connect to the server, as we really don't have a general-purpose plugin interface for the client.

Have you looked at the way the various implementations of the channel viewer protocol do it? Most of them, IIRC, simply look at how long each user has been idle. Idle == 0 means that user is talking - I don't think we expose an "is talking" property over Ice.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

• 7 months later...