This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble disconnects from server every few minutes

millertimebjm

I've been using mumble for years on a friends server. I recently reinstalled linux (old linux was 14.04 x64 with Unity), used the net install of Ubuntu 14.04 x64 and used Gnome. Mumble was working fine until a few days ago. No changes were made, I keep getting disconnected. After around 35 seconds, give or take, I get this error message:

Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.

I try pinging the server while I'm connected and I get a consistent 50-70ms ping, no breaks or time outs. I have no problem with any games, World of Warcraft or League of Legends. I've tried removing and purging mumble but nothing has changed. I added the latest PPA and I now am on version 1.2.10-1-ppa5-trust1 and I get the same problem.

Tried force TCP mode and turning off quality of service.

Any suggestions?