This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Unable to load mumble

slyvester

I'm unable to load the mumble client since the newest version 1.2.11 update. I'm running windows 10 with the latest updates. I get this error when trying to run the client after update:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mumble\mumble.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Slyvester

I know the file is there and have clicked directly on it in the folder, ran as administrator and the same error message appears both times. I will post a screenshot when I get home. I'm also going to test this on virtualbox and see if there is something interfering with it on my computer.

• Administrators

Hard to say what's going on.

I'd try to troubleshoot with Process Monitor -- does Mumble even start, and so on?

Also, you could try to run DebugView -- it will allow you to see Mumble's console output in real time.

Hope the pointers help.