This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[Request] Soundfile option for "You joined channel"

Faxter

Recently I started using Mumble 1.3 and am currently using the "1.3.0~867~g197f13e~snapshot" on Win7 Pro x64.

I like getting some form of audible feedback when working with audio-related tools like Mumble is.

That is the reason why I am missing some sound when I switch the channel. Something similar to the "Server Connected" message.

Request: Add an easy to configure sound option to the Settings -> Messages dialog for a "You joined channel" event.

I am quite new to mumble so please enlighten me if I understood smth wrongly or am missing some simple way of implementing this idea.

• 2 months later...

There are actually quite a number of options already available to customize server event messages.

If you go into the messages settings menu, you can customize the type of notifications the software will activate upon an event.

You can add specific sound files per event. So you could find recorded noises or messages and use those, or heck, even have your favorite girlfriend record some in a nice sexy voice for you. ;)