This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

need Mumble Bot

resurs

Hi, dear friends. I need your help. I'm willing to pay for the development of you.

The problem is as follows: 1 Mumble server 140 sub channels that contain the same user.

When the amount in the sub channel is greater than 2, then Mumble bot executes the user off mute, off deafen.

As soon as the number of users becomes a sub channel is 1, the bot must automatically executes the command (Mute, deafen) in all sub channels (Where user count=1)

For Example:

if count =1 (for all users in all subchannel) mumble-bot must active command mute and defean for all.

if count >1 (for all users in all subchannel) mumble-bot must active command umute and off defean for all.

I can donate for this work to your PayPal account.

Thanks.

• Moderators

I'm trying to work out why on earth this would be useful.

What's the problem you're actually trying to solve?

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

Reducing network traffic when live microphone, the client even if the client is a single subgroup.

For Example.

1 user in subchannel. Microphone always on, zabbix agent ask network interface use 68 kbit per sec

1 user in subchannel. Microphone always off, zabbix agent ask network interface use 1 kbit per sec

When we have 143 active clients without active voicing, network traffic will be used 9,5 mbit.

When we start this bot network traffic was very slow.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm not sure I understood you. Here's what I think you meant:

• You have 140 channels on a server which contain some form of users (bots?) that send continuously which causes a lot of traffic even if no one listens.
  • Your goal is to have those users muted as long as noone is in their corresponding channel to lower the amount of useless traffic?

My questions would be:

• Are those transmissions unique? If not might linking the channels and having only one bot help?
  • If the "users" are indeed bots can't you add that logic to the bot

Generally speaking the logic for this could be implemented using our Ice RPC. Though without knowing a bit more about what exactly is going on in that server it is hard to say whether there are any special circumstances that have to be considered.

Hi friends. We have local network without Internet. ICE is activate in our mumble-server for easy adding users, groups, virtual servers via http.

Mumble Server

Main channel 1

home operator subgroup

operator 1

user subgroup № 1

passive client № 1

user subgroup № 2

passive client № 2

user subgroup № 3

passive client № 3

user subgroup № 4

passive client № 4

user subgroup № 5

passive client № 5

Main channel 2

home operator subgroup

operator 2

user subgroup № 1

passive client № 6

user subgroup № 2

passive client № 7

user subgroup № 3

passive client № 8

user subgroup № 4

passive client № 9

user subgroup № 5

passive client № 10

Main channel 3

home operator subgroup

operator 3

user subgroup № 1

passive client № 11

user subgroup № 2

passive client № 12

user subgroup № 3

passive client № 13

user subgroup № 4

passive client № 14

user subgroup № 5

passive client № 15

etc….

count of passive client - 143. Microphone is every time on. I am need add new main group for mumble-bot. When operator connect for voicing to passive client № ... user subgroup № ... was have 2 active users and mumble-bot need activate off mute, off deafen for passive client. When operator return to home operator subgroup mumble-bot need apply for passive user Mute and Deafen because user count <=1

I anyway have to solution of the problem as described above, ie. A. After the implementation of operator will be monitored through the Ipad, but it can not control the microphone passive client.

So just as interesting.

mumble client on passive client, enter to setup, apply hot key for activate function "microphone off", in linux I can add rule for crontab for start activating hotkey every 15 minutes. This technology can apply for all passive clients.

For example: operatot connect to user channel, right click mouse - off defean and can voicing and the operator will hear the environment.