This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Crash On Mute/Deafen Server+Connect Server

Epicwindow

• Administrators

We would like to help you, but you don't provide very much information.

What operating system are you using?

What version of Mumble are you using?

Can you explain in some more detail what it is you're seeing? It is not fully clear to me.

Can you connect to servers? Does it crash when you connect to a server?

Is it when you unmute and/or undeafen your client crashes?

Is it really a crash? Or does it just not work? Did you get a crash reporter dialog when re-running Mumble? If so, could you provide an email address so we can look into your crash reports?

Thanks.

i dont really know what to provide but i can answer your questions now

i am using windows 7

i was using 1.2.11 but i am using 1.2.12 now and the problems are still same

what it is i am seeing?i am not sure what you mean about that

I cant connect to servers.It freezed then crashed during the connection to a server.

no and yes.If i mute it crashes,if i defean it doesn't crash until i undeafen it again(1.2.12 now)

s it really a crash? Or does it just not work? Did you get a crash reporter dialog when re-running Mumble? If so, could you provide an email address so we can look into your crash reports?

yes it really crashed and i got a crash reporter everytime.My email address is www.thonas@yahoo.com.hk and i am going to link this page in the description.sorry for not noticing the last question for so long.

thanks very much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If its windows you should be able to open event viewer and view the application event log for more details on the crash. That might provide some deeper insight into what caused the application to terminate.

Hey, I forgot to check the "notify of replies" and just came across this now.

I just saw that you got this fixed. Glad to hear that! Looks like it was some sort of corrupt or conflict with a .DLL file. I noticed the name contains "TTS" which is likely an abbreviation for text to speech. So something in your system's TTS files was causing a application crash.

Glad to see you were able to get it fixed :) Don't worry about repaying me. Its my pleasure. But in case someone comes across this in the future, consider posting what you did to get it fixed?

Take care! :)