This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

USB Wireless Headset Audio Not Working

Kawaiitato

I have an Afterglow Universal Gaming Headset, which uses a USB to connect wirelessly to my computer. Unfortunately, the audio doesn't seem to be working for the headset. I tried talking on the server I use and they can hear me fine, but I can't hear them at all.

My Operating System is Windows 10 if that helps.

• Administrators

You could try one of the Mumble snapshots (1.3.0). They are available on the front page of our website, http://www.mumble.info.

They've fixed some bugs with the WASAPI audio system.

If the problem still persists, we ask you to create log file for us. Here's how:

Open Mumble, and use it like you usually would. As if your headset is working.

Talk to yourself or your friends for a few seconds.

Quit Mumble.

Open the file %APPDATA%\Mumble\Console.txt. Find the relevant parts. That is, the session you just had open (you can use the timestamps to determine...).

Once you've found the relevant parts, copy/paste them into a post here in this thread -- or a Pastebin or Gist if you like.

Once we have the log, we should be able to help you further.

Thanks.