This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[SOLVED][Server] Allow new users to register themselves?

fnadde42

I have started a new Mumble server and I would like for new users to be albe to register themselves without having an admin to do it. I have tried to add an @all row in the bottom of the ACL (executed last and writes over the previous settings) that allows users to register themselves. However, when I log in with my unregistered laptop-user to my server I can't register myself since the option in the menu is greyed out.

How do I allow new unregistered users to register themselves?

Edited by fnadde42

Thanks for that lightning answer! I had modified the ACL so I tried to re-install Mumble to get the "un-touched" ACL and lo' and behold... It's true. It works. How I messed up the ACL in the first place and how it really works with the "inherit"-stuff, I have to learn later but I'll post my settings below for anyone who wants to have a look.

Solution: Keep vanilla ACL or look at image below:

mumble-self-registration.thumb.jpg.c2dabf79f07893785f9b8ea5d3f92ae7.jpg

ACL settings to allow unregistered users to register themselves.