Mumble forums

Mumble will not key at all

Malonepwn

I just downloaded mumble(tried 1.2.13 and 1.2.12) and for some reason it will not key at all. I am running as admin, I've tried using ptt, voice activated, and even continuous. I cannot get it to key. I am on Windows 10 using an XBOX One controller with headseat. I've tried removing the device and still not luck.

By key I mean when the little lip icon turns red to symbolize that you're speaking in chat.

• Moderators

Follow up and semi-resolution here.

@Malonepwn you might start out posting your dxdiag output, specifically the sound section. I don't have an Xbox one controller to test with. :(

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

Okay. I'll try that out. I found a workaround. If you download like a DJ add that add a virtual microphone and set that as your mumble mic, you can talk through that. I just used a trial of DJ Streamer. But I'm gonna check out 1.3

EDIT: Well now it works with no problem. Thank you.