This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Ubuntu PPA Stable a release behind.

synless

What bot?

This likely has to do with how Ubuntu handles packages. You can also go get the latest version from Mumbe's website or add the Mumble projects repository I think?

I tend to just use the latest version on whatever distribution I'm using.

I'm pretty sure Ubuntu gets their repository packages from Debian Unstable. So its a bit behind the latest, greatest version released by the Mumble Project.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

PPA = Personal Package Archive.

Ubuntu allows you to distribute packages through your PPA, more easily and less formal than you having to become a maintainer for the official repositories.

We host a PPA for Ubuntu packages, in which we distribute our binaries/packages.

So what he was pointing at (the PPA) actually is what you probably had in mind.

The PPA is indeed still at 1.2.12.

We had releases with updated libraries, which may not apply to Ubuntu when those are shared dependencies resolved through packages, rather than statically linked.

Now, I would not expect this to span up to version 15.

I'll ask if this is deliberate.

/e:

1.2.15 is available in our PPA now.