This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Unknown Speex_Preprocessor_ctl error

Grandpa-G

Running Mumble on Raspberry Pi with terminal window so I see all the console message. I get this error with the number 25 or 36 repeated about every second or so. I hate just ignoring errors. I built mumble from source using the instructions given in the Mumble docs.

What, if anything, is wrong?

Grandp-G

Here from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There should be no problem using the floating point mode of SpeexDSP on Raspberry Pi -- except for the fact that the Raspbian pre-built version is built without it.

You should be able to build it from source with ./configure --enable-float (I believe that's what the configure option is called -- maybe something else, check the --help!)

Alternatively, you can build Mumble with qmake -recursive main.pro CONFIG+="release bundled-speex bundled-celt bundled-opus" to skip the system's Speex/CELT/Opus libraries!

If you encounter any problems, feel free to follow up. Someone will probably be able to help you.