This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

High CPU usage (30% cpu usage)

APOK

Hi, i had a quick browse through and have been googling for the same problem but haven't been able to find a solution that works.

Mumble is running at idle, not even in a server, at around 30% of my cpu. This only just started today (3/03/2016).

I have tried reinstalling, restarting computer and non of it seems to fix anything.

Other bugs i've noticed while this has been happening, is when i initially open mumble, my mouse cursor seems to lag behind actual movement for maybe 3 or so seconds then runs normally again. This only happens as soon as I open mumble. Also, when I play CS:GO the games sensitivity becomes really fast, I have no idea if this has to do with the same thing, but even if i change the sensitivity in game, it doesnt actually change. I bring this up because I noticed if I close mumble, the game works perfectly fine.

I haven't changed anything between yesterday and today and it seems to have come up out of no where.

any advice is appreciated

thanks.

I've been having the same issues that started between 2-29 when it was working fine, and 3-2 when the problems started. I get the same mouse lag when first starting Mumble, and then the 30% cpu usage. I have some additional problems as well:

1. Even after exiting, mumble stays in the background processes, and continues using 30% of the cpu until I manually kill it.

2. My push to talk key no longer works

3. I tried removing the binding for push to talk and re-adding it, but it doesn't accept any key presses when I try to select a key for PTT.

I'm running Windows 10, and the only thing I can think of that changed between Monday and Wednesday were that I installed some windows updates. Update history says it installed the following on Tuesday:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743)

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3139907)

I've got a Core i5-3450, 8gb ram and GeForce GTX 960

I've been having the same issues that started between 2-29 when it was working fine, and 3-2 when the problems started. I get the same mouse lag when first starting Mumble, and then the 30% cpu usage. I have some additional problems as well:

1. Even after exiting, mumble stays in the background processes, and continues using 30% of the cpu until I manually kill it.

2. My push to talk key no longer works

3. I tried removing the binding for push to talk and re-adding it, but it doesn't accept any key presses when I try to select a key for PTT.

I'm running Windows 10, and the only thing I can think of that changed between Monday and Wednesday were that I installed some windows updates. Update history says it installed the following on Tuesday:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743)

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3139907)

I've got a Core i5-3450, 8gb ram and GeForce GTX 960

---------------------------------------------------------

I actually noticed this too after i posted the topic, but it also still runs in background after 'closing' the program and will continue to use resources until killed. If anyone finds any solution please let me know ASAP as I wont be using mumble at all until i can fix it.

Hi, I'm having the problem with the CPU usage only when I plug in my Xbox One controller, not sure if that might be the reason?

This worked for me.

Thanks, I never thought that having an xbox one controller in would do that. I have mine plugged in all the time just sitting there for when i play different games.

thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Hi, I'm having the problem with the CPU usage only when I plug in my Xbox One controller, not sure if that might be the reason?

This worked for me.

Thanks, I never thought that having an xbox one controller in would do that. I have mine plugged in all the time just sitting there for when i play different games.

thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Yeah it's really weird right?

Sucks for trying to play CPU heavy controller games like GTA but I guess I'll have to manage until it's fixed

Four entire days without find why my computer was dying.... ~25% of proc consumption on my configuration, and huge amounts of errors in event's diary. Make two W10 RAZ because "it's always my fault if something frak", and I was right, it realy was this fraking update.

It was not my system nor my new GC (installed the same day I made the update, you can feel my fear when I asked myself if it was damaged or not), but no, it was just this terrible update.

Thanks guys for this topic and for all the great work you make everyday with mumble. For five years now, I can make podcasts with an awesome audio quality and chat with my friends everywhere in the world, it's an impressive work and one of the best open source program ever made.

Thanks again guys, sorry for the approximative english, and thanks to Emmanuel who brought me here. ;)