This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Can't hear anyone.

vic420

Just got a new pc. Windows 7 64-bit home premium is the os (mumble worked fine in on my previous old machine with xp). Everyone can hear me but I can't hear anything through mumble. My speakers and headset work fine for everything else. Tried the suggestions in the faq and still a no go.

I have an Asus P6X58D-E motherboard. The built in audio is: Realtek ALC889 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC.

Now here's a little issue. I'm a total newb at tech support stuff. So, if anyone offers any feedback or suggestions to change something on my system, I literally need step by step instructions on what to do. Sorry for that inconvenience and thanks in advance for any help.

• Administrators

Don’t know what the FAQ says, anyway

in your mumbles settings enable advanced in the lower left, go into Audio Output and make sure Volume is at 100%.

Also make sure Default Device is selected as device. If that doesn’t work you may want to try selecting other devices.

Also try increasing the jitter buffer to 20 or 40 ms.

Also, you may test all that by enabling loopback for local, meaning you should hear what you say (so you can knock your mic or sth to check if you now hear sth).

(All that is in the Audio Output tab.)