This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble crashing on launch of application

regnarok590

For some reason, Mumble has began to crash whenever I launch the application.It just lunches straight to the error reporting screen. It was working fine when I shut my PC off last night. However, today it has begun to crash. I am using windows 7 64. I am unsure what the exact version was when I started my PC today, as I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I have tried deleting my ...appdata/roaming/mumble folder as well. When I do this, it will bring up a server list as if it were a fresh install, but as soon as I mouse over the window it will immediately crash. Before deleting the roaming data the first time I saved a backup of the data, so I still have any log or setting files that may have been contained in that folder before my first uninstall.

I am unsure what information may be helpful, so please let me know if there is anything additional I can post that might help resolve this issue.

• Administrators

You can also try to wipe your settings clean:

Open the registry editor (regedit).

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mumble\Mumble

Right click the Mumble key, and export it (so you have a backup).

Then delete it from the registry.

Other than that, have you been able to submit any crashes? Or does Mumble crash before that point?

If so, what email did you submit crashes under?

Thanks.