This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble only works in Exclusive mode?

NinjaxFanz

Hey guys, I have a problem in mumble where the program only seems to work in Exclusive mode, for the mic, so I am unable to stream or talk on something else with Mumble open.

Some additional info that could help you guys, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premuin 64 bit, running mumble as an admin, I am using VoiceMeeter Banana as my Virtual Mixer.

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!

• Administrators

Probably a compatibility issue with VoiceMeeter Banana.

Does it work without exclusive mode if you don't go through VoiceMeeter Banana?

Also, why are you running Mumble in admin mode? That's strongly discouraged.

I just diabled VoiceMeeter to test and it is still the same problem, my mic Just seems to be everywhere when I'm not talking, and doesn't seem to be able to capture voice when I do talk, however in Windows my microphone shows that's it catching my voice.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that it is a problem with mumble now, I think it's just with all VOIPs. I just am at a loss for where to go to see where I can fix this, I think it works with a second mic, that doesn't need power (Headset mic rather than professional mic) Does anyone happen to have a fix for this? Any help would be great! Thanks