This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Need Help Developing Mumble

enzi

Hi!

I created a fork of Mumble 1.3.0 and I'm trying to replace the LogTextBrowser with a QWebEngineView so that users can watch embedded videos and look at embedded images in the chat log. I got a lot of what I need working, but I'm experiencing a strange bug involving the QWebEngineView and mouse events, or so I think. Basically, I can click buttons in the page and right-click the page, but I can't click and drag to select text. I don't have this problem in test applications like the Qt Creator "nano browser" example. That leads me to believe that code somewhere in mumble is interfering with the dragging event for QWebEngineView.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be happening? If not, where can I get in contact with some developers/experts? I tried the IRC channel on freenode but it's quite dead and I never get a reply. I also looked for a mailing list but could not find a developer-targeted mail list.

Any help is appreciated.

• Moderators

IRC is probably the best place, but you'll have to hang out a while for an answer and try multiple times if it gets lost in the backlog.

Most of the active developers are (I think) all in the european timezones, so trying at different times might help as well.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.