This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mac Overlay

aragone

I have been all over looking to see if the overlay works on a Mac with the current released version 1.2.2? I have read where it works on the 1.2.3 developer snapshot but that link on the home page is broken and I get a File Not Found. I have used the command line to bootstrap it and that does not work in 1.2.2 is there something Im missing.

Also the FAQ shows the command as supposed to be "/Applications/Mumble.app/Contents/MacOS/Overlay/mumble-overlay /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft/World\ of\ Warcraft.app" but the dir should be /Applications/Mumble.app/Contents/Overlay/mumble-overlay /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft/World\ of\ Warcraft.app without the MacOS dir

Any help would be great.

This is the latest snapshot I could find on the server. Maybe it can help you.

update: The link on the mumble page has been updated, thanks to pcgod. Have fun with it.

Edited by rawnar

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

Unfortunately I installed that snapshot and got overlay to work but the performance as far as frame rate went down significantly when it was on. Ive gone back to 1.2.2 version and will just wait for a stable release and wait to use overlay.