This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

How to login as normal user not SuperUser?

tripaz

Hi I have a weird problem. I registered my mumble client with the secure ssl email certificate and when I connect to my mumble server I connect as SuperUser with my name (tripaz). I can check by trying to unmute myself, but it says 'Denied: cannot modify SuperUser'.

All fine I should login as a normal user then, but I do not know how. If i change my name it makes no difference I am still SuperUser. The only way I can login to the server as a user without any privileges is to create a new certificate and import that. But then I have zero power on my server. I can not even register myself, can not switch channels etc.

Any idea how to solve this? I uninstalled mumble and resinstalled, but the same thing happens.

I kind of got it working. I gave a friend admin powers then changed the certificate to a self generated one, logged in and let him make me admin. Now at least I have admin powers, but I think its a bit weird and cumbersome, that in order to login as SuperUser again I will have to switch certificates ('import the superuser cert/normal user cert').

• Moderators

I don't even understand how this could have happened - I was pretty sure superuser explicitly ignores certificates.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Yeah, superuser should ignore certificates.

How did you register your certificate (as a user)?

Feel free to check the server sqlite DB yourself, if the superuser has a certificate associated to it (which it should not).