This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Welcome to our new forum

hacst

• Administrators

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/w/logo.png

Hello fellow Mumblers,

as we felt the old forum was not suited to build a Mumble community we decided to create a new one. It is our hope that this forum will become the central resource for questions and answers about Mumble. We want it to get populated and visible.

Obviously this cannot be achieved by us developers alone. We need your help to spread the word and we also want to recruit some of you to become the moderators of this forum. This way we can concentrate on where our time is spent best, improving Mumble, while our users learn from the ones that understand them best, other users.

But enough talk, let's get some life into these forums ;)

Greetings,

The Mumble team

I like both phpBB3 and SF. So unless there's a major technical incompatibility between them that I don't know about, I don't understand how it would not be better than the other forum with just about the bare minimum features.

I'm looking forward to a better Mumble community and I agree with thepatchbuilder that this is a big step in the right direction.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

well done!

I will try to help where i can.

@dd0t maybe you should create a Post in the "old" forum with a link to here since its still on too. So peolpe know where to go. ( I guess for reseach works) I could do it but i think you should hae the honor to do so since all the nice work you put into setting up this one so you get the credits.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not familiar with the old SF forums, but this forum looks good.:-) I will try to fill it with my experience of Mumble, which is limited at the moment. But that is were this forum will kick in. ;-)

I already have one suggestion. I don't see a group were I can post my question concerning making your own plugin, at the moment. Would it be handy to add a group in development which concerns the game plugins for positional audio support. Positional audio is one of the nice features that Mumble has, that I would like to exploit. :twisted:

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am stumbling around trying to find an answer to a proofreading problem I am having. I proof conference calls with as many as 10 participants. Two to three make presentations and then they all have a Q&A session at the end. I have to identify the two to three all during the Q&A. Is there some sort of voiceprint recognition software where it can match the presetente'rs voice with whomever is giving the answer later? My comp is based on the response time, so it is very important to quickly identify the speaker

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...