This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[Solved] Mumble 1.2 and password authentification

freaxmind

Hi,

Mumble 1.2 is based on strong authentification, using certificate. It's a great feature and I love it, but not my user.

They don't want to manage their certificate, that's why I want to allow certificate authentification and password authentification at the same time.

If these options aren't allow at the same time, is it possible to just user password ? Like 1.8 version ?

I've tried to educate them but I think many novice user are not prepared to use certificate ... sadly

Thank you in advance

• Administrators

Mumble 1.2.X still supports password authentication. It is just not visible anymore in the client UI. That means if you set a password via Ice the user will get prompted for it on connect. Note though that if connected once with a password the certificate of the connecting client will become the valid certificate for logging into that account.