This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

WoW Positional Audio

phat32

I have a server on a linux box running the current Dev Snapshot and the Clients being used are Windows snapshots. I can't seem to get the Positional Audio to work in WoW. I was able to get it to work instantly in L4D2 but not WoW. Is there something I am missing or need to configure to make it work?

The problem could be that the plugin is only working for the EU version and not the US,KR,TW,CN versions. It could be that the executables for all the versions are different.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

• 3 weeks later...

:( very unfortunate. I blame Blizzard, but wow this would *really* be a selling feature if positional-audio was working in the US (and other) versions. There are so many WoW players that use voice-communication that would really appreciate this feature. Our guild was encountering the same issue, and we thought that it was something that we were doing wrong.

I have been working on the Borderlands plugin and made it compatible with several version. You could try to collaborate with other WoW user in the world to enhance the plugin to support more versions. I don't have WoW, so I am no help to you.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.