This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

A Referral was returned from the server

7even7eas

• Moderators

Hi there, did you try the steps listed here:

http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/FAQ/English#.22A_referral_was_returned_from_the_server..22_error_while_starting_Mumble_on_Windows

Paying particular attention to making sure that your time+date is set correctly (if it's set to the wrong year, for example to get around license restrictions on some software, the certificate won't validate).

Does installing the certificate do anything, or come up with any helpful error messages? From Windows Vista onwards this sort of thing shouldn't happen on a properly functioning system.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

• Moderators

Ahh okay, never mind I had some confusion there for a moment.

In the screenshot that you have, where you show the certificate information, it has a tab "certification path", can you show me what that shows, and the details for any certificates that don't show "this certificate is OK"?

What OS is this also? It looks like 7/Vista, but if it's XP that might be your issue as I'm pretty sure XP won't fetch the Comodo code cert on it's own, you have to do it. Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure XP doesn't return that error.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

• 4 weeks later...