This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble TTS issues with windows 10

Kyrias

Hi

I've been having an issue with TTS on win10. I have been trying to change the default TTS voices on windows however no matter what one i pick mumble defaults to the normal female one (Microsoft Susan). it doesn't matter if i pick male or female its still Microsoft Susan. The problem only seems to be with mumble as ive tried a few other programs with tts on and they're fine

Thanks for any help

• Moderators

How are you changing the voice, and where are you getting Susan from?

I only have the choice of Zira or David on Win10 - I'm wondering if you're using voices from a different version of the SAPI that Mumble doesn't support. For example, I don't think we can use any of the extra voices in Narrator, or the Cortana voice.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :/

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.