This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

11edcd seems unstable in BFBC2

telsin01

Hey Mumblers,

Trying out the 1.2.3 dev versions for positional audio in BCBF2, which seems to work fine until it crashes. Seems to crash for all of my clan, sometimes taking BF2 with it, sometimes not. Probably related to overlay or positional audio, when those are disables, it seems more stable for me. I'll try some further testing and see if i can get more details here.

Also, the overlay doesn't work for me after I upgraded my vid card from a 8800GTS to a 460. Seems to work fine for 3 others with 9600s and 5750s, just not me. I've tried about everything I can think of for this, and it seems to be the vid card for me.

Anything else that I should be submitting with this? It seems to have submitted a few crash reports on it's own, but not allways...

-Telsin

Turning off positional audio and overlays makes it stable for me, didn't get a chance to experiment further and see if it was one or the other yet, that's a project for next week.

FYI, using exclusive mode on the input, and it seems to be working fine. I am running windows 7 64, but have the most recent drivers for my creative x-fi, as some previous crashes had led me to investigate and determine that I had really old ones. Wish it wasn't such a pain to keep the creative drivers up to date...

To be clear. You must switch both options(positional audio and overlay) off to make it more stable. Switch only one option off will not work.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

It's unstable with a lot of games, namely Team Fortress 2 and left 4 Dead 2 as well.

Worst part is that it usually doesn't even do a full crash, but a silent crash to the desktop, so I guess it might be hard to track down.

This is on W7 x64, 9800GTX. The snapshots really have been unusable as of late.

I had the same problem last week, while playing Borderlands. I think it was due to the fact I did not uninstall the older snapshot before installing the new one. I just click yes on the pop-up say something like:"New snapshot has been downloaded do you want to install it?". The strand thing is that the older snapshot 00f405 was working fine with Borderlands. That same night I removed the snapshot and installed the stable version of mumble and continued playing.

Later, I wanted to repeat the crashes to get some more info about it. So, I first uninstalled mumble 1.2.2. from my system and installed snapshot 11edcd. But I have been unable to reproduce the crashes.

update: Tonight will playing Borderlands online with other people I had several crashes. Disabling the overlay did not help against the crashes. Disabling the linking to the game did help, but I also played with the exclusive modes. I also had turned on overlay, but no overlay was generated.

I am suspecting that the switch to VS2010 is causing the crashes with games that are linked. Mixing VS2008 and VS2010 for the plugins and mumble was causing mumble to crash. As most games are using VS2008, at least the redist of it, this could have the same effect. Maybe the error report give more info.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

kissaki, did mumble say that borderlands was linked. The plug-in will only link to the standard DVD versions (International and German), but the steam version still needs to be installed. If you have a steam version maybe you could help me checking the upcoming patch for the plug-in.

• Administrators

No ETA on DX11 support atm. (it won't be in 1.2.3 that's for sure). pcgod is currently looking into adding DX11 support but it's the first time he messes with our overlay code. Slicer, who did all the other supported APIs, is currently occupied ;-)

I have started a new topic in the snapshot section to help track down the problem. Please check the topic here and post your findings.

edit: The problem has been found and a solution has been presented in the git repository. Just wait for the next snapshot.