This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[Linux] Voice cracking/static

PadreAdamo

Hello! I installed Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Antergos on several machines over the weekend at different locations/networks. All of them produce weird voice cracking in Mumble. I have adjust various settings and the only thing that seems to be help is lowering the mic boost to "unamplified" or "0" and even further lowering the microphone volume. However, this is a problem because then non-Linux users have to increase their output on other users.

Please let me know what needs to be done to help figure this out. I'm still not sure who's bug this is. When I record my voice with ALSA and pulseaudio, my voice is perfectly clear. I wonder if it is a codec problem/Mumble?

[edit]

I found this post on reddit that may be on to what the issue is?

"jaystrictor 2 points 10 months ago

I think I have the same problem. In my case, not Mumble is the actual problem, but speech-dispatcher. Mumble automatically activates speech-dispatcher and then speech-dispatcher causes the crackling noise."

Thank you,

-Padre