This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

List of users muted ?

Av3le

Good evening,

First of all, sorry for my approximative english, I'm not a native :/

My question (questions actually :p) was, is there a list of the users that we have muted ? And when u mute someone on a server and you meet them once again on an other server (differents guilds for example), are they still muted by default ?

Thank's a lot for reading me :)

• Moderators

If you're talking about local mute, ignore, etc - yes, I believe these should all function in the same way "add friend" does. That is, they operate by certificate hash only, as far as I'm aware, and therefore should work across multiple servers.

You can inspect this list if you have sqlite3 installed, for example on Linux:

echo 'SELECT * FROM muted;' | sqlite3 .local/share/data/Mumble/Mumble/.mumble.sqlite

If you're talking about server mute (as in you have privileges on a channel, and you mute someone so no one can hear them) then no, it's server-only.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.