This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble mutes audio from all other applications

sarrusEVEK

Hey all, another post about Mumble muting audio in all other applications. I have read quite a bit about this and have still been unable to resolve the issue.

Background:

Using a bluetooth headset with built-in microphone on Windows 10

Issue:

My headphones work properly until I turn on Mumble, at which point all programs other than Mumble are muted until I quit Mumble.

What I've tried:

1) Sound -> Recording Devices -> Communications -> Do nothing (when communications activity is detected)

2) Run Mumble as Administrator

3) Mumble's attenuation is disabled ('while others talk' and 'while you talk' are both unchecked)

4) Drivers for headset are up to date

5) Mumble is up to date

6) Audio input and output have 'Exclusive' unselected

I can see the correct bars dancing in my sound bar - there's just no audio from Mumble. What to do?

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds like the issue I had with Windows 7.

Check under all microphones and speakers listed under your Windows audio thing, and uncheck "enable audio enhancements" under the advanced tab of each one. I had an issue where a T420 was doing the same thing you describe even with all of the audio muting stuff turned off on Mumble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
until I turn on Mumble, at which point all programs other than Mumble are muted
I can see the correct bars dancing in my sound bar - there's just no audio from Mumble.

Huh?

If you checked all those things on your list, the next thing I would check is the bluetooth audio headset settings and drivers.

• 4 years later...