This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

running murmur 1.2.3 on xp pro sp1?

paladin252

ok, this is my problem, i have an original eeepc 2g surf with 2gb hard drive that im running xp sp1 on. i tried to update to sp2 or sp3 but the hard drive does not have enough space to install this, so i figure since im not running anything else on the machine, no big deal, leave it at sp1. when i try to install 1.2.3 it fails. i can run 1.2.2 all day long, just cant install bonjour which is no big deal since i can find my server on the public list anyway. any ideas?

• Administrators

Well, it states what the issue is then, right? :)

Personally, I’d definitely recommend updating to SP3, also and especially because of security. SP3 also has some nice or important feature additions (I think).

i would love to update to sp3 but as stated in my first post, i cannot. i have about 300mb of space on the hard drive (and it requires a lot more than that to update) after trying to salvage as much as i can, but with a 2gb hard drive, there isnt much room to work with.

the problem i think is the msi file that they are packaging mumble in now instead of an exe. is there a place to find the exe instead?

• Moderators

The newer snapshots compiled with Visual Studio 2010 won't run on Win XP < SP2, they will fail to start with an entry point not found error message and there is no way to change that (the newer VC runtime requires SP2 and that's why I disabled installation on older systems).