This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Overlay not activating properly

Jammet

Hello,

Using DebugView, I manged to isolate a few lines that might or might not hint at what's going wrong.

On a computer where the Overlay is launching and displaying properly, these three lines are shown (my logging instance):

[7692] Overlay: Listening on "\\\\.\\pipe\\MumbleOverlayPipe"
[7692] OverlayPrivateWin: overlay helper process 'C:\Program Files\Mumble\Versions\1.3.0~1758~g2a106e1~snapshot/mumble_ol_helper.exe' started with PID 8012.
[7692] OverlayPrivateWin: overlay helper process 'C:\Program Files\Mumble\Versions\1.3.0~1758~g2a106e1~snapshot/mumble_ol_helper_x64.exe' started with PID 7868.

My friend does not see the Overlay MOST times. She only sees the first line (her logging instance):

[7692] Overlay: Listening on "\\\\.\\pipe\\MumbleOverlayPipe"
[5820] OverlayPrivateWin: an error occured for overlay helper process 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mumble\Versions\1.3.0~1758~g2a106e1~snapshot/mumble_ol_helper.exe': process failed to start
[5820] OverlayPrivateWin: an error occured for overlay helper process 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mumble\Versions\1.3.0~1758~g2a106e1~snapshot/mumble_ol_helper_x64.exe': process failed to start

Is there anyone there, whose got got an idea as to why this is? And how we can make this work? :)

• 5 weeks later...