This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Keyboard stops working

Calisim

This just started happening a couple weeks ago. I've made no hardware changes, and the only possible changes are from Windows updates.

Windows 10, up-to-date.

Mumble, latest version (1.2.19)

Logitech G11 keyboard

Logitech M510 mouse

Logitech Clear Chat Pro USB headset

When I plug in the headset and fire up Mumble, I'm no longer able to use the keyboard. The G11 lights up when plugged in, and it's staying lit up...but no keys work. As soon as I shut down Mumble, it starts working fine.

Keyboard works fine everywhere else, with any other software, just as it should.

I've tried plugging mouse and headset into different USB ports, but none of the possible combinations works.

Let me know if there are other details needed to help troubleshoot this. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Could you download a 1.3 development snapshot, install it, and in the configuration dialog, in the "Shortcuts" category, you can try disabling "Enable Windows hooks" and "Enable GKey" at the bottom to see if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Could you download a 1.3 development snapshot, install it, and in the configuration dialog, in the "Shortcuts" category, you can try disabling "Enable Windows hooks" and "Enable GKey" at the bottom to see if that helps.

I looked, and couldn't find a way to download a development snapshot.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction - I must have overlooked the snapshot download option.

Anyway, I did as was suggested, but still continue to have the issue. If my headset is plugged in, the instant I start up Mumble, my keyboard is no longer functional. As soon as I shut Mumble back down, the keyboard starts working again. No other issues with anything else - keyboard works perfectly any other time. Mouse is fairly new, have never had any issues with it, either. Same issue exists with a different mouse of the same model.

I also tested with another USB headset, and have the same issue.

Any other suggestions?