This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Audio Output Device Not Being Respected

XKfTDW3eGL5NJ72dMavc

Hi all,

I'm having a spot of trouble with Mumble 1.2.19 on Windows 10. Mumble is always sending audio output to the Windows default output device, not the device listed in Audio Output under the Advanced Options.

For example, my default audio device is my speakers (S/PDIF-1) and I want Mumble to output to my headphones via S/PDIF-2. I select S/PDIF-1 as my system default output, and set S/PDIF-2 as the Device under Audio Output in Mumble. Mumble audio then continues playing through the system default of S/PDIF-1.

This configuration works in TeamSpeak3, Ventrilo, and games where I can set the audio output device away from default. I am sure its a mumble problem but I don't know why or where to start troubleshooting.

I've closed and re-opened Mumble with and without administrator privileges in every combination of output device I can think of, none of it works.

• 5 weeks later...