This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Need Mumble Permission

darknetproject

Dear Mumble staff, i don't know how to contact the management of this project, so i've found the forum and decided to use it.

I have a project up, basically, without go deep more than enough, we run an hidden network, a private one.

Since we need to set up various services, we was able to run mumble server into this hidden network.

this hidden network has not ads, actually is just composed by 1 thousand (more/less) users, much of them are supporters and developers. Anyway, we setted up this service. Since once users are connected to this hidden network, are no more able to use the internet (so if they wish to use this mumble server, should disconnect from the HN, download the client, and reconnect, i'm here to ask you permission/allowing about this things:

- can we put available in download list your clients into our "mumble server/site"? (linux source code, windows, mac)

- can we use mumble logo and name in order to give the right credits to the used softwares, and also to let ppl eaiser know how it works?

- is there a way to start a collaboration, that let mumble native compatible with our HN? (basically, it should connect to a vpn)

Thank you in advance for help and replies.

• Administrators

- can we put available in download list your clients into our "mumble server/site"? (linux source code, windows, mac)

Yes.

- can we use mumble logo and name in order to give the right credits to the used softwares, and also to let ppl eaiser know how it works?

Yes, but if it is a modified client, we'd prefer it if you make it clear that it's not official software from the Mumble project.

What changes have you made to the software?

- is there a way to start a collaboration, that let mumble native compatible with our HN? (basically, it should connect to a vpn)

Sure, we do all our development on our GitHub organization:

https://github.com/mumble-voip

What changes have you made to the client, if any, at present?

How do you imagine the VPN connection would be integrated into Mumble? I'm not sure why you think it is necessary to integrate into Mumble itself, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Mikkel

Yes.

Thank you very much

Yes, but if it is a modified client, we'd prefer it if you make it clear that it's not official software from the Mumble project.

What changes have you made to the software?

We didn't made any change to the software. The software works nice with its default conf/code.

It's enought to start the client (the VPN ).

Sure, we do all our development on our GitHub organization:

https://github.com/mumble-voip

What changes have you made to the client, if any, at present?

How do you imagine the VPN connection would be integrated into Mumble? I'm not sure why you think it is necessary to integrate into Mumble itself, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Mikkel

Well sorry if my request about that wasn't clear, but maybe i wrote the wrong things.

Wasn't my intention to ask YOU to integrate Alienet VPN, my request was: Since actually the unique VoIP server is managed by mumble softwares (both client-server) i was asking for documentation.

With this documentation we will understand if we can find a way to "include a sort of pre-set VPN connection. Just to make the VoIP more userfriendly letting ppl connect the server even if they're not into alienet.

Why this strange request?

ATM Alienet is composed by the 90% of its users by coders, programmers and pc enthusiastic. We love to fork :D

more info: we are starting for the next 2 months mass upgrade for entire network and services. This is the right moment for us.

• Administrators

I am still confused regarding the last bullet point.

Are you asking the Mumble project for improved documentation on how to change the client's default settings, to easier allow you to configure the client for connecting to your HN?

Or something else?

I need to know more about your setup to say anything intelligent. :-)

Mumble supports HTTP(S) and SOCKS5 proxies. Are you using those? Or are you using a standalone client?