This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

No Server Password field

Korfi2Go

• Moderators

We have some funny logic to only show the password when we think we'll need it. I'm pretty sure it's located in ConnectDialog.cpp, and the basic idea is "if username is SuperUser, or there's already a password set, show the password field, otherwise don't".

I just tested this, and that appears to be the logic behind it. Fun fact: "SuperUser" is case-sensitive for some reason, I think that's a bug.

If you connect to a server that needs a password (either because the server has a password "incorrect password for unregistered user", or because the username is registered and your certificate doesn't match "incorrect password for registered user" - note that the latter does not imply a password is actually set), Mumble will prompt for one.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.