This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Referral from Server, I tried everything

aaron8bacon

I tried downloading both stable version and 1.3 version.

I always get the referral returned from server error.

I've followed everything I can find out about this error. Like changing the registry to disable "EnableUIADesktopToggle, I've downloaded a new cert to install in the cert directory, made sure my system time was right.

I couldn't get the digital signature tab to show up on the mumble.exe properties though.

I'd like to try to delete all the certificates for mumble and start over, maybe an older one is trumping my new one.

Please help.

Thanks.

• Administrators

You downloaded them from our official site mumble.info?

That error occurs when you try to run the installer, or mumble?

Did you check for system updates? (Windows updates root certificates via Windows updates.)

When I check the certificate of the 1.3 snapshot installer its signed by mkrautz.dk, which in turn is signed by COMODO. Valid from may 24th 2017 to may 23th 2018.

You downloaded them from our official site mumble.info?

Yes

That error occurs when you try to run the installer, or mumble?

Mumble

Did you check for system updates? (Windows updates root certificates via Windows updates.)

Yes

When I check the certificate of the 1.3 snapshot installer its signed by mkrautz.dk, which in turn is signed by COMODO. Valid from may 24th 2017 to may 23th 2018.

Ahh that's what's wrong, I never checked the installer certificate. I was trying to check the exe file.

My cert expired July 7th, but every time I try to click on the details it crashes windows explorer.

I've tried a few things to repair that but it didn't work. Is there a way around this? I tried downloading 1.2.19 and 1.3.0-2460-gc93b087-snapshot again, but they are expired too.

So I just noticed that the signature is time stamped for 7/9/17. Which was about the time I noticed the problem.

This is what I get when I try to look at the details. Windows Explorer has crashed.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Application Version: 6.1.7601.23537

Application Timestamp: 57c44efe

Fault Module Name: CRYPTUI.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23471

Fault Module Timestamp: 57603cdb

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000014d32

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 9872

Additional Information 2: 98725cc861f7df2ded1a38d98f74e04c

Additional Information 3: b7fb

Additional Information 4: b7fbc53e188498f670001aec1540242a

Capture.PNG.4d9b7dfced1c5724dfa0b10a4c75be87.PNG

• Administrators

Well, if explorer.exe crashes something is very wrong on your system, and I’m not sure I can help you (with reasonable effort).

Maybe there is broken data in your system certificate store, maybe the Windows crypt stuff itself got corrupted somehow (try sfc to verify files), maybe you have other programs ("security software") that interfere with windows native functionality.