This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble overlay don't work

darkraffa

Hello, I'm a user of mumble since 2009 and I never had problems but from few months I don't see the overlay.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, to install previous versions but I did not get any results.

I don't know what to try and I'm angry because before it worked and now no longer works.

My computer spec:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel QuadCore Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz

4 GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

DirectX 11

Help me because this program is fantastic and cannot use one of the main functions makes me very sad. :cry:

Sorry for my english but I'm Italian. :)

• Administrators

The Problem is DirectX11. Our overlay at this point supports dx9/10 and opengl games only. DirectX11 compatibility is in the works but most probably won't make it into 1.2.3 in time (even if we finished on time the overlay is the most sensitive part of Mumble, if we screw up there your game crashes, so we will take our time testing it).

For now your options are either getting along without overlay or configuring the games in question to use DirectX10 only until we add support for DX11. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Administrators

The issue dd0t stated only applies to games running DX11.

So, are you running a DX11 version and your friends a DX9/10 version?

Otherwise,

you could try to uninstall mumble,

then restart,

then install,

then restart again.

Then the overlay files should definitely have been removed, installed and loaded.

Also, which version of Mumble are we talking about?

If you’re running the snapshots there’s a white- and black-list. Make sure it isn’t disabled for your process (e.g. through wildcard declaration).

Ofc. also make sure the overlay itself is enabled.

Then I’d check your overlay settings. Is the overlay perhaps placed on the edge of the screen so you won’t see it?

Depending on your version of mumble you can load presets.

Did you recently upgrade your graphics card driver, other drivers, or change its settings?

The issue dd0t stated only applies to games running DX11.

So, are you running a DX11 version and your friends a DX9/10 version?

The overlay does not work on any game, is not dependent by DirectX.

Otherwise,

you could try to uninstall mumble,

then restart,

then install,

then restart again.

Then the overlay files should definitely have been removed, installed and loaded.

I've tried but I got nothing.

Also, which version of Mumble are we talking about?

If you’re running the snapshots there’s a white- and black-list. Make sure it isn’t disabled for your process (e.g. through wildcard declaration).

Ofc. also make sure the overlay itself is enabled.

I've installed the version 1.2.3 - 52af56, I clean the black and white list, but nothing.

The overlay is enabled, of course.

Then I’d check your overlay settings. Is the overlay perhaps placed on the edge of the screen so you won’t see it?

Depending on your version of mumble you can load presets.

I tried to drag the overlay to the center of the screen, but do not see.

Did you recently upgrade your graphics card driver, other drivers, or change its settings?

The drivers are updated to the latest version, if you say could be the drivers I can try installing a previous version.

• Administrators

Well, only if you changed or updated the drivers from before to after it was not working anymore.

If you didn't changed them and the overlay disappeared, that shouldn't be an issue.

In the overlay settings, right-click and click edit.

In the Overlay editor rightclick and load a preset.

This should make sure the visible parts are not too small or sth.

Also make sure the checkboxes at the bottom (enabled elements) are checked.

You do see the avatar icons in the overlay settings where you can move them, right?

Also try using the mouse-wheel when hovering over that area, to resize them.

(btw: just noticed that in the recent snapshots the drawn users are not moved to where the red dot is anymore (not on all sizes)… it still works in the real overlay though)