This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Reinstalled Windows 10 and cannot connect with server

Prophet1

• Moderators
"server connection rejected. Invalid username."

That's not a certificate error, that's because you've got characters in your username that your server thinks are invalid. If you haven't changed anything, it's probably empty - this is okay when you have a certificate that matches the account, because the server will just force you to use the username that matches your cert. Pick any username that matches the regular expression set in username setting in Murmur.ini. I forget what the default is, I think it's only English-alphanumerics, no spaces.

Once you've done that and can connect, you'll want to connect as superuser and delete your old account. Then you can connect with your original username, re-register, and go through the process of giving yourself admin again.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

• Moderators
I probably didn't accurately state what my problem is. I can't connect to the server set up by people I play an MMO with.

Ahh, then speak to an admin about having your account deleted, or a password set on it (if they can do that). If there's a password set on your account, and you set your username properly, when you enter it your certificate will be updated to the new one and you'll not need the password again.

But the "server connection rejected. Invalid username." message isn't certificate related (other than the fact that your certificate was missing which would have filled in the username for you).

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.