This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

ios version nearly perfect, until I tried bluetooth earbuds

jtweigandt

On bluetooth, the microphone just produces choppy output. Tried 3 different brands of bluetooth headsets, and earbuds.. all the same.

Various settings in the preferences don't seem to clear this up. Interestingly, the plumble free app on android had the same problem with the same hardware UNTIL... I went into preferences and it has a half duplex mode that youu can set for push to talk, and voila... clear as a bell.. same bluetooth hardware. Assuming the same codebase is used as a starting point for both, I would think this would be achievable for Mumble as well? Looks like the audio upstream and downstream on the bluetooth connection are trying to share and colliding.

It's not mission critical, but would be nice to use my micro earbud that looks like a little hearing aid, instead of a boom mic headset, or wired earbuds where the inline mic changes orientation and rubs on clothing etc.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

On bluetooth, the microphone just produces choppy output. Tried 3 different brands of bluetooth headsets, and earbuds.. all the same.

Various settings in the preferences don't seem to clear this up. Interestingly, the plumble free app on android had the same problem with the same hardware UNTIL... I went into preferences and it has a half duplex mode that youu can set for push to talk, and voila... clear as a bell.. same bluetooth hardware. Assuming the same codebase is used as a starting point for both, I would think this would be achievable for Mumble as well? Looks like the audio upstream and downstream on the bluetooth connection are trying to share and colliding.

It's not mission critical, but would be nice to use my micro earbud that looks like a little hearing aid, instead of a boom mic headset, or wired earbuds where the inline mic changes orientation and rubs on clothing etc.

Just an idea. I don't know if its factual or not, just sounded logical in my head...

I assume you are connected via wireless internet either by your phones xg service, or wifi. Your Bluetooth is also wireless. Could there be an interference between the two radios? Or perhaps your phone is multitasking between the two different frequencies on the same radio causing a jittery response? If that theory is true, may not be mumble at all, but a limit of the hardware. Just a thought?