This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Not starting at all on Linux Mint

NGin

Hi all,

I've tried installing Mumble from the PPA, from the Software Manager, and building it (which failed at every step and I got tired of fixing everything on things I don't know about). No matter which, Mumble doesn't start at all. I don't see any process for it running, and checking all the system logs the only references to it I see are ones related to me installing it.

I'm on Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Kernel 4.8.0. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Apologies for the late reply, I was away from my computer. Starting from shell (Mint menu) doesn't do anything. Running from terminal says "mumble: symbol lookup error: mumble: undefined symbol: _ZN10QSslSocketC1EP7QObject".

I'm still new to the whole Linux sphere so a lot of what I learn is on the go. From some searching I see that undefined symbol errors relate to missing objects/functions/dependencies being called in the program. All my dependencies seem to be met so I have no idea where to go from here. Any suggestions?