This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Sound goes off after 10-30 mins on Mac

JohnnyDisco

Hi

I'm using Mumble on my Mac and the sound just cuts out after between 10-30 mins of use. When it does this it takes out all sound on my mac and the only fix I can find is to restart.

I've tried creating a new user account on my mac to test if it happened there and it still did. I have also tried running different sound sources such as iTunes, youtube etc and none of them cut if I am not running Mumble.

I am using a Creative Sounblaster Omni 5.1 external sound card yet the problem still occurs on internal speakers.

Has anyone else had this issue that could point me to a solution?

• Administrators

How do you recover from that?

I thought there was an option to reset the audio device in Mumble, but I can't find it right now...

If this is an issue of the sound card handling low latency audio - you could try increasing the jitter buffer in the audio output settings.