This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

compile murmur on debian?

halbblah

hi all!

I want to compile mumble server with the help of your tutorial: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/BuildingLinux. Unfortunatly I don't succeed.

I figure I don't have all packages installed, because I get some errors when running this command:

aptitude install qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libspeex1 libspeex-dev libboost-dev \

libasound2-dev libxevie-dev libxevie1 libssl-dev g++ libspeechd-dev \

libzeroc-ice-dev libpulse-dev slice2cpp libcap-dev libspeexdsp-dev \

libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libboost1.37-dev libogg-dev \

libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libsndfile1-dev libg15daemon-client-dev libxi-dev

the part of the output which seems to show some trouble:

Konnte kein Paket finden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »libprotobuf-dev« passt.

Konnte kein Paket finden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »protobuf-compiler« passt.

Konnte kein Paket finden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »libboost1.37-dev« passt.

Konnte kein Paket finden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »libprotobuf-dev« passt.

Konnte kein Paket finden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »protobuf-compiler« passt.

Konnte kein Paket finden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »libboost1.37-dev« passt.

Es werden keine Pakete installiert, aktualisiert oder entfernt.

0 Pakete aktualisiert, 0 zusätzlich installiert, 0 werden entfernt und 15 nicht aktualisiert.

Muss 0B an Archiven herunterladen. Nach dem Entpacken werden 0B zusätzlich belegt sein.

which basically says that the packages libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libboost1.37-dev couldn't be found on the server. 0 packages updated, 0 packages installed and 15 not updated.

I'm don't know much about Linux, so I'm kinda stuck here. How can I find these packages or install them manually (note I have only ssh console permission, no graphical interface)

is the tutorial outdated ? Help would be much appreciated :)

regards,

Chris

I think you are running the latest stable version of Debian, lenny. The wiki page is probably setup for the testing or unstable branch of Debian. I had a look in the packages available in lenny and protobuf is not in the repository. Go to the website of protobuf and try to compile it on your system. For the libboost1.37-dev packages try libboost-dev instead. This package contains version 1.34 of libboost, I don't know if that is new enough for murmur. There is also a newer version of libboost in the backport repo's. Take a look at this to see how you can use the backport repo's.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

thanks for your replay rawnar!

I compiled protobuf (I think it worked) and did

aptitude install libboost-dev

this is now the compiling result:

e52-2:/home/newmumble/2/mumble# qmake main.pro

e52-2:/home/newmumble/2/mumble# make

cd src/mumble/ && make -f Makefile

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/newmumble/2/mumble/src/mumble'

make -f Makefile.Release

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/newmumble/2/mumble/src/mumble'

g++ -c -include release/mumble -pipe -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -Wold-style-cast -Wconversion -Wsign-compare -fvisibility=hidden -Wall -Wextra -O2 -I/usr/include/alsa -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DRESTRICT=__restrict__ -DMUMBLE_VERSION_STRING=1.1.8 -DUSE_ALSA -DUSE_OSS -DUSE_PULSEAUDIO -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_SPEECHD -DUSE_XEVIE -DUSE_G15 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtDBus -I../../src -I/usr/lib/oss/include -Irelease -I/usr/X11R6/include -I. -o release/PulseAudio.o PulseAudio.cpp

PulseAudio.cpp: In member function âvoid PulseAudioSystem::eventCallback(pa_mainloop_api*, pa_defer_event*)â:

PulseAudio.cpp:204: warning: conversion to âunsigned intâ from âlong unsigned intâ may alter its value

PulseAudio.cpp:215: error: âPA_STREAM_ADJUST_LATENCYâ was not declared in this scope

PulseAudio.cpp:264: warning: conversion to âunsigned intâ from âlong unsigned intâ may alter its value

PulseAudio.cpp:273: error: âPA_STREAM_ADJUST_LATENCYâ was not declared in this scope

PulseAudio.cpp:322: warning: conversion to âunsigned intâ from âlong unsigned intâ may alter its value

PulseAudio.cpp:331: error: âPA_STREAM_ADJUST_LATENCYâ was not declared in this scope

PulseAudio.cpp: In static member function âstatic void PulseAudioSystem::source_callback(pa_context*, const pa_source_info*, int, void*)â:

PulseAudio.cpp:390: warning: use of old-style cast

PulseAudio.cpp: In static member function âstatic void PulseAudioSystem::read_callback(pa_stream*, size_t, void*)â:

PulseAudio.cpp:444: warning: conversion to âunsigned intâ from âlong unsigned intâ may alter its value

PulseAudio.cpp:456: warning: conversion to âunsigned intâ from âlong unsigned intâ may alter its value

PulseAudio.cpp: In static member function âstatic void PulseAudioSystem::write_callback(pa_stream*, size_t, void*)â:

PulseAudio.cpp:537: warning: conversion to âunsigned intâ from âlong unsigned intâ may alter its value

/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h: In member function âint QList::indexOf(const T&, int) const [with T = QTreeWidgetItem*]â:

/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qtreewidget.h:242: instantiated from here

/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:624: warning: conversion to âintâ from âlong intâ may alter its value

/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h: In member function âint QList::iterator::operator-(QList::iterator) const [with T = QString]â:

/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qalgorithms.h:367: instantiated from âvoid QAlgorithmsPrivate::qSortHelper(RandomAccessIterator, RandomAccessIterator, const T&, LessThan) [with RandomAccessIterator = QList::iterator, T = QString, LessThan = qLess]â

/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qalgorithms.h:419: instantiated from âvoid QAlgorithmsPrivate::qSortHelper(RandomAccessIterator, RandomAccessIterator, const T&) [with RandomAccessIterator = QList::iterator, T = QString]â

/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qalgorithms.h:211: instantiated from âvoid qSort(Container&) [with Container = QStringList]â

PulseAudio.cpp:591: instantiated from here

/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:189: warning: conversion to âintâ from âlong intâ may alter its value

make[2]: *** [release/PulseAudio.o] Fehler 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/newmumble/2/mumble/src/mumble'

make[1]: *** [release] Fehler 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/newmumble/2/mumble/src/mumble'

make: *** [sub-src-mumble-make_default-ordered] Fehler 2

are these warnings and errors related to the older libboost version ? I did try

apt-get -t lenny-backports install "libboost-dev
afterwards, but it tells me that I already have the newest version installed :/

try

apt-get -t lenny-backports install libboost1.40-dev

There is no libboost-dev package in the lenny-backports repo, they probably forgot the make a general package.

And first run

qmake main.pro CONFIG+=no-client

before compiling it again. You are now also compiling the client (mumble), but you only want murmur.

BTW, the errors are related to Pulse Audio, it seems like the Pulse Audio version of lenny is not supporting "PA_STREAM_ADJUST_LATENCY". But you don't need Pulse Audio for murmur.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.