This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

RPi connection rejected...

Alexey_K

Hello.

I use Raspberry PI with a Mumble server and client. When the RPI is connected to the Internet (Wi-Fi over smartphone), the client connects to the server without problems. But when there is no Internet connection, the client cannot connect to the server (with error: connection rejected). Is it normal that the server cannot accept clients without an Internet connection? Is it possible to change this behavior?

PS

sorry for my english...

• Administrators

Mumble works just fine without an internet connection, be it a local network, or local PC.

Note that your system/network will have different IP addresses for these different networks though.

If you connect to the internet through a WiFi connection to your smartphone your WiFi network adapter will have one IP address.

My guess is you connect to your local server through your WiFi IP address, which is not valid without it being enabled/activated.

You say both server and client run on the same system, so you should be able to connect to IP 127.0.0.1 (or `localhost` as hostname which resolves to this IP) just fine, no matter what other networks are available.

• 1 month later...