This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

1.2.19 High Ping Issues

dc1819

Currently on my computer which is running windows 10 every server is giving me high ping that seems to fluctuate. If I join a server I can hear people just fine but when they hear me it's really delayed assuming because of the high ping. Other voip programs like discord work fine and any other aspect of my connection is fine. I can play games fine and my download and upload speed there is nothing out of the ordinary. I've tested this same version on mumble on another one of my computers running windows 10 on the same network and the connections to servers are fine.

• Administrators

Mhm, that does sound strange.

What's your networking setup? Any firewall or security software that could be tampering with your networking?

You tried out multiple servers?

When you are connected to the server you should be able to see some statistics if you go to Server -> Information

It should show UDP Statistics.

You describe issues sending, so I would expect the Late or Lost numbers for "To Server" to be non-trivially high compared to the "Good".

Is that the case?

You are talking about under server then information when I click on it it doesn't tell me anything about udp information it just gives me this kind of box e253b6d04f9afb7a5b941e20571944b4.png.3fbc6b667a64901f897c313bed68e174.png I cropped out server ip and under that is audio bandwidth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hmm, I wonder if that's permission restricted (edit ACL privilege?).

If you right click yourself and click view information, does that window give you a "Ping Statistics" or "UDP Network statistics" block?

• Administrators

We can definitely see your high ping here.

It looks like in the 6 minutes you didn't talk much (2s).

I'd be interested if the Late or Lost counters go up with some voice use, to and from you. Those would indicate a networking problem more than just delayed packets - them getting lost (possibly because of the delay being higher than timeouts).

What about my other questions?

What's your networking setup? Any firewall or security software that could be tampering with your networking?

You tried out multiple servers?

Router has upnp but I have also tried portwarding the ports that the mumble servers use. I've disabled firewall completely, tried allowing the mumble application for inbound and outbound connections. I've tried disabling all virus protection, or allowing an exception for mumble with the virus protection. The problem persists no matter how long I'm in a server I've tried waiting it out. Also an added bit of information the problem seems to occur after I stream on my network to twitch, mind you I have a separate computer that does the encoding I just send monitor output to the other computer. My network speed isn't throttled and every other function of networking works fine after streaming except for the mumble client.