This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

How to: Join Channel with ShortCut

olzzon

EDIT:

See HowTo in answer

------

Hi,

I would love to have the possibility to jump to a predefined Channel with a shortcut.

Right now there´s a "Join Channel" function in shortcuts, but it´s only possible to use it for jump so the selected channel.

I wish the Data field/column had an option, just like the "Shout to channel" function, where you can select either the current - the Parent - the Root - a sub channels or a specific channel.

This way it would be possible to navigate channels without using the mouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm a little confused as to where this is discoverable to the user, but anyway:

You can combine the Join Channel shortcut with the Whisper/Shout to shortcut.

The second is then used as a targeter, while the first one specifies the action.

For example:

If you bind '1' to 'Join Channel', and '2' to 'Whisper/Shout to' .. 'channel 2',

if you now press and hold '1' and then press '2', you will join 'channel 2'.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The "Linux Air Combat" (or "LAC") community uses Mumble pretty much the way you intend to use it. In addition, a lot of even more advanced Mumble interfaces have been coded into Linux Air Combat. To train that community, I put together a comprehensive "YouTube" movie clip showing all of this. It powerfully illustrates many ADVANCED Mumble features. It's focused on use of Mumble with LAC, and so you will need to interpret it in that context. Furthermore, only software that is specifically coded to take maximum advantage of this kind of Mumble interface can do everything shown in the movie clip. Nevertheless, if you watch the whole thing (27 minutes) you will see specific examples of everything you have asked about in this thread and you may get inspired about more advanced interfaces that can fairly easily be coded into applications for really amazing integration with Mumble.

Here's the link: