This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

adress changing in spite of static ip

Frank

Hi there,

I configurated Murmur with a static IP on Windows 7, the Port is forwarded through the firewall and modem

and the log doesn´t show any bugs. In spite of that, the IP always changes in the public server list - so the static IP

seems not to be recognized.

Any idea what´s goin on ? My own ideas are wasted now :?

Thanks for any suggestion!

• Moderators

What IP did you set static? Is it an internal (RFC1918) address? 192.168.*, 172.16.*, or 10.*? If so, that has no bearing on what external users (ie the server list) use... it could be that your WAN IP is changing, which you'll have to talk to your ISP about fixing.

In my experience, Murmur behind NAT/portforwarding is a recipe for hating life at the best of times, but I suspect that's what's going on here.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.