This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Do not allow several people talking at the same

cridauser

My question: is there any way to avoid several people talking at the same time in the same room (channel)? For instance, if we have three people using PTT in the channel, if one of them is talking, the other should be muted (and maybe to heard a sound when they push the PTT and the channel is "busy". Any way to do that?? Some alternative??

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to do this with stock Mumble. This seems like something that could be written using the "Authenticator" stuff, via Ice though.

The only other option that may be interesting to you is the "Priority Speaker" feature, which you can assign to a given person and others are - by default, it's client-side configurable - attenuated while that person is transmitting.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.